Delicious Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins
Welcome to Katie’s Kitchen.
Today, I woke up with a crazy craving muffins. Some Delicious Apple Cinnamon Muffins to be precise. Since it was freezing cold out and hubby had the car, I had no option but to make them myself. Tragic, I know. But, that’s how life is with every pleasure comes some pain, and I wanted those muffins, BAD. I knew that if I wanted muffins, I was going to have to make them…BEFORE I had my coffee.
One of the pitfalls of being a foodie is having to cook. I can cook, I just don’t enjoy it. But I love baking, especially when I get to do it with my grandkids. We combine food, fun and education. When they were younger, they practiced counting as we worked. Now, I get them to do the measuring and mixing. We’ve had a few flops, don’t even ask me about the cake that was flatter when it came out of the oven than when it went in. Why it smelled like playdough, I don’t know. Luckily, those failures are rare. Overall, we create some fabulous treats.
Anyway, back to that muffin craving. A quick ingredient search and a dive into my recipe book led me to an old family favorite, though I cannot recall where the recipe originated. However, the muffins turned out delicious, so I thought I would share them with my readers.
So have a muffin while you read my Valentine romance Cupid’s Charm! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 finely chopped apples
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line 12-18 muffin tins with papers or grease the tins well.
- Peel, core and chop apples. Place in cold water until ready.
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Melt butter.
- Beat eggs.
- Add butter and wet ingredients.
- Drain apples and stir in.
- Drop into muffin tins. Batter will be thick and sticky.
- Top with a sprinkling of 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 19-24 minutes.